Monday, June 9, 2008

Hey

I've decided that the timing is right. I'm about to become like seven million other assholes (and a handful of actually cool people) who have an honest-to-goodness blog.

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that a bunch of my friends have taken this up as a hobby lately, and I enjoy reading what they write... it gives me something to do. Also, I don't know why, but I've been feeling inspired lately... not just when it comes to writing, but when it comes to all my pursuits. This is a good feeling, and I'm gonna go with it. So it is that I feel like having an outlet to express myself critically, since shoe-horning these things into everyday conversation just doesn't always work (sometimes it does, though... and it's always fun to try!!).

So what I'm going to be writing about here is kind of whatever crosses my mind as an important topic of discussion at the moment, but I'm willing to bet that most of the posts will be about one of three things. In descending order, those are: comic books, music, and philosophy--the three things I know most about (or at least pretend to), and, more importantly, care most about. And maybe it's just me, but I feel like I do have something to contribute to the discussion at large when it comes to comics and music. Philosophy, not so much, but it's an interest of mine, so bear with me.

I don't know how often I'll update, but I imagine it will be pretty frequently. Like I said, I've been feeling inspired, and I've already got three-four posts lined up, one of which will probably go up later today. So, thanks for visiting, guys, and enjoy!

No comments: